A. PROCEDURAL Requirements
1. Notifier: Name of Philippine Company and/or Firm – Only importers or industries that are registered to manufacture in or licensed to import into the Philippines will be allowed to apply or notify.
2. Substance must be defined as new chemical or fuel additive. New chemical is defined as chemical not listed in the Philippine Inventory of Chemicals & Chemical Substances (PICCS).
3. Notarized and completed PMPIN-3 Abbreviated or PMPIN-4 Detailed Form
PMPIN-3: for chemicals manufactured or includes in the Inventory of USA, EU, Australia, Canada, Japan or Korea
PMPIN-4: for chemicals manufactured or imported from other countries not listed in PMPIN-3
PMPIN Forms are available at: www.emb.gov.ph/portal/chemical/downloadables.aspx
4. Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) / Safety Data Sheet (SDS) in ISO-11014 format
5. Specific Use of the Chemical
6. Annual volume of import
7. Notification must be filed at least 100 days before date of manufacture or importation.
8. Two hard copies of PMPIN duly notarized 1 receiving copy & 1 CD format.
9. Payment of processing fee:
for PMPIN3- P 2,150
for PMPIN4- P 3,750
10. Request for Confidential Business Information (CBI) – for PMPIN application containing confidential business information.
B. SUBSTANTIVE Requirements
1. Complete information of MSDS/SDS following 16 sections
2. For sufficiency of submitted MSDS/SDS giving more focus on:
a. Toxicological Information
b. Ecological Information
3. For PMPIN-4, laboratory reports for the following information are required:
a. Physical and Chemical Properties
b. Toxicological Information
c. Ecological Information